Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Catching Up

I've become acquainted with fellow upholsterers on Instagram from California, down to Texas, over to Jersey, the Carolina's and Georgia, from to Vancouver to Belgium, Norway and France. This is stimulating for me in keeping up with decor trends and technical methods practiced in other workrooms and fun because it feels a little like having pen pals, as I did when I was a kid. While you still hear some people say "upholstery is a dying art", I'm happy to report we are all busy and the upholstery trade for new and antique home furnishings is alive and well. I continue to book well into this summer with projects like this...
For Alecia Stevens Interiors
Fabric will be Holland and Sherry mohair velvet. Waiting for a Samuel &Sons micro welt cord and nailhead trim selection. I've got this one underway...
For Lula Vintage Wear
To be reupholstered in this sharp blue vintage Naugahyde -
This sofa is also already in process ...
A family's sofa since 1947

And will get upholstered in this Robert Allen fabric, Apple Blossom/Peacock



 

A sofa I upholstered in Bennison Chinese Pheasants for designer Jacqueline Fortier in 2005 is due for a makeover - soon-to-be Holly Hunt Great Plains mohair.
For Jacqueline Fortier Design
A few more waiting in the wings. This order for 2...
 

Both to be done in a textured creamy chenille chosen from this collection by Duralee Fabrics

This old dear is first up though, it's owner most anxious for its return...

And it'll soon be wearing this, Samantha/Garden from Pindler & Pindler

That's the updated report on workroom bookings. How long will it take to complete all that? Lets just say several weeks ...I'll share pics here as time allows.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment